Join the Center on Global Energy Policy for a presentation and discussion of IEA’s World Energy Investment 2017 report with Laszlo Varro, Chief Economist at the International Energy Agency. CGEP Fellow, John MacWilliams will moderated the discussion following Mr. Varro’s presentation.World Energy Investment 2017 is the second annual IEA benchmark analysis of energy investment. It highlights the ways in which investment decisions taken today are determining how energy supply and demand will unfold tomorrow, complementing the forecasts and projections found in other IEA publications.
World Energy Investment 2017 addresses key questions, including:
- Which countries and policies attracted the most energy investment in 2016?
- Investments are growing the fastest in which fuels and technologies?
- How are oil and gas companies reinventing themselves to survive the new technology and price environments in the sector?
- How might energy investment trends affect energy security and climate change mitigation?
- How are business models evolving with the changing availabilities of capital for different energy sources?
- What are governments and the energy sector spending on energy R&D, and who are the biggest spenders?
Registration is required.
Guests unable to attend can view a livestream of the event at energypolicy.columbia.edu/watch.A podcast of this event will be available ~5 days after the date of the event through iTunes and our website.
This event is open to press. Please direct media inquiries to Jamie Shellenberger-Bessmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information contact: email@example.com