Velmanette Montgomery, New York State Senator
• No other country imprisons more people than the United States.
• The incarceration rate in the U.S is the highest in the world’s population.
• The number of people behind bars in our country makes up 25% of the world’s prison population.
• Poor people and people of color are incarcerated at vastly disproportionate rates.
• Many prisoners are held in solitary confinement or denied adequate medical
care and educational opportunities.
• Few resources are invested in re-entry or community programs.
What services are being provided to assist formerly incarcerated people who return to their communities, what are their pressing needs?
Join us as a panel of experts and faith based organizations discuss the pressing needs for services and commitments on a city and state level.