2/1 – 11:00 a.m.
For the Columbia campus storm updates, check the Columbia Preparedness website during the storm for real-time updates.
2/1 – 7:30 a.m.
As communicated last night, due to the winter storm, Barnard College operations will be reduced for Monday, Feb. 1. Mayor de Blasio has now issued a Winter Weather Emergency Declaration.
Update for Monday morning: In consideration of the Mayor’s declaration, in-person classes will not be held. Instructors may choose to hold classes remotely.
Operational changes outlined below remain in effect.
Employees should be in touch with their supervisor regarding any schedule changes.
1/31 – 10:20 p.m.
Due to the winter storm, Barnard College operations will be reduced for Monday, Feb. 1. Changes are as follows:
- In-person classes may be held at the discretion of the instructor. Instructors may choose to hold classes remotely.
- The library will be closed for in-person activities, including reservable space on Milstein floors 2 and 3; online and virtual library support will be available.
- Reservable spaces in Diana and the first floor of the Milstein Center will delay opening until noon.
- Food service will be limited to Hewitt Hall, which will open at 11:30 a.m.
- The testing center is currently set to remain open and operational; any changes to testing center operations will be communicated via updates to the CoVerified app, emails to people who have appointments, and posted signage. There may be delays in the receipt of test results.
- Columbia InterCampus Shuttle service will depend upon weather conditions, check the transportation website for latest information, including the Via shuttle.
Employees should be in touch with their supervisor regarding any schedule changes for tomorrow.
To report an emergency on campus, please call Barnard Community Safety at 212-854-6666. For off-campus emergencies, please dial 911. For other assistance on campus, call CARES Response Line at 4-3362.
1/31 – 3:00 p.m.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning encompassing New York City through tonight and tomorrow. Predictions for snowfall range from 12 to 18 inches by Tuesday. Barnard College is monitoring the storm and is taking precautions as it impacts our campus. We encourage faculty and staff to make necessary preparations today ahead of a likely challenging commute tomorrow and to speak with a manager or supervisor about contingency plans, if needed. Students who are on campus are also encouraged to exercise caution in and around campus.
For real-time updates, please visit the National Weather Service website or follow the NWS on Twitter. Note that the testing center is currently set to remain open and operational; changes to testing center operations will be communicated via updates to the CoVerified app, emails to people who have appointments, and posted signage. Additionally, dining services will be provided at Hewitt Dining Hall only, which will open at 11:30 a.m. Further notifications about Barnard’s operational status will be provided via email and here on the Barnard website.
Please stay safe, exercise caution, and allow extra travel time.
Vice President for Operations