Andrea Fraser is an artist and the Department Head and Professor of Interdisciplinary Studio of the School of Arts and Architecture at the University of California, Los Angeles.
This lecture will be held in person and is open to Columbia University affiliates with a Green Pass, and will be live-streamed for the general public on the GSAPP YouTube Channel.
Andrea Fraser is an artist whose work investigates the social, financial, and affective economies of cultural institutions, fields, and groups. She is Professor, Interdisciplinary Studio Area Head, and Chair of the UCLA Department of Art. Retrospectives of her work have been presented by the Museum Ludwig Cologne (2013), the Museum der Moderne Salzburg (2015), the Museum of Contemporary Art Barcelona and MUAC UNAM Mexico City (both 2016). Her most recent books include Andrea Fraser: Collected Interviews 1990-2018 (2019, co-published by A.R.T. and Walter Koenig); and 2016 in Museums, Money, and Politics (2018, co-published by the CCA Wattis Institute, Westreich/Wagner Publications, and MIT Press), which documents the political contributions of the board members of over 125 major US art organizations in the 2016 election cycle and its aftermath, examining the intersection of cultural philanthropy and political finance in the age of plutocracy.
Organized by Columbia GSAPP. Free and open to the public. GSAPP is committed to providing universal access to all of our virtual events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request disability accommodations. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.
This event content is equivalent to 1 AIA/CES total learning credit, 1 total credit earned. AIA. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Mar 21 2022
- 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Columbia University - Avery Hall
- 1172 Amsterdam Ave #3
Share this event
Filter Videos by Tags
- One: 110th Street Subway Stop
- Second Stop: Gargoyles and Lobbies
- Third Stop: The Cathedral of Saint John the Divine
- Fourth Stop: Columbia University
- Academic Acropolis
- Fifth Stop: Union Theological Seminary
- Sixth Stop: International House and Sakura Park
- Seventh Stop: General Grant’s Tomb
- Eighth Stop: The Riverside Church and the Interchurch Center
- Last Stop: Manhattan School of Music
- Barnard Media
- Cathedral Media
- Columbia University Media
- Interchurch Center Media
- International House Media
- Jewish Theological Seminary Media
- Manhattan School of Music Media
- Mt. Sinai Morningside
- Riverside Church Media
- St. Hilda’s & St. Hugh’s Media
- Teachers College Media
- Ulysses S. Grant Houses Media
- Union Theological Seminary Media