Below the Belt: The Last Health Taboo – Film Screening & Panel
Join us for an in-person screening of the film Below the Below on September 14th in the Alumni Auditorium. The event begins at 5:30 pm with refreshments. The film starts promptly at 6 pm with a panel discussion and QA following the screening.
This event is presented by the Columbia University Department of Biomedical Informatics and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
About The Film
Through the lens of four patients urgently searching for answers to mysterious symptoms, the film exposes widespread problems in our healthcare systems. From societal taboos and gender bias to misinformed doctors and profit-driven health care, the film reveals how millions are effectively silenced and how, by fighting back, they can improve health care for everyone.
About The Panel
- Shannon Cohn- Director of Below the Belt
- Dr. Noemie Elhadad, PhD- Biomedical Informatics
- Dr. Jessica Opoku-Anane, MD- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Kyung Jeon, Artist and Patient Advocate
- Moderator is Dr. Rita Charon, MD PhD- Medical Humanities & Ethics
Watch the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39-b4v6L1U