Careers Beyond the Bench
The Cancer Research Career Enhancement Core of the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center invites you to join us for an in-person event about multiple career opportunities in science and medicine that you may or may not have considered. There will be a panel discussion followed by refreshments and networking opportunities. Trainees at all stages are welcome.
Panelists include scientists and physicians representing small, mid-sized, and multi-national biotech companies, scientific journal, nonprofit science foundation, and Columbia Technology Ventures. They will describe their career paths, career opportunities, and answer questions
- Alan Chramiec, PhD, Founding Scientist, Ganymede Bio.
- Daniel Lee, MD, Medical Director, Cellectis,
- Maria Laura Cremona, PhD, FACMG, Senior Director, Genomic Medicine, Regeneron Genetics Center
- Alan Packer, PhD, Senior Scientist, Senior Scientist, Simons Foundation
- Joan José Martínez, PhD, Columbia Technology Ventures, Senior Technology Licensing Officer
- Marc D. Grodman, MD, CEO, Bio-Reference Laboratories
- Omar Edward Njie, MD, Associate, Investing & Incubating, AlleyCorp Healthcare Fund; Co-founder, Diversity Innovation Hub
Stuart Fischer, PhD