Central American Literature & Artwork
The K-12 Outreach Program at the Institute of Latin American Studies, Columbia University, invites K-12 teachers, educators, and pre-service teachers to its Spring 2022 Workshop:
Beyond War, Migration, and Violence: Celebrating Central America’s Knowledge and Cultural Production
- Yianella Blanco (Doctoral Candidate and Instructor, Teachers College, Columbia University)
- Jonathan Peraza Campos (Educator and Organizer, Central American News)
Open for individual sessions or for CTLE hours. Certificates will be awarded by Teachers College, Columbia University.
The Workshop will consist of three sessions:
- (Re)Framing Our Historical and Present Understandings: March 12, 1:00 – 4:30 PM EST
- Central American Literature & Artwork: March 19, 1:00 – 4:00 PM EST
- Pedagogical and Curriculum Dreamin & Buildiing March 26, 1:00 – 4:30 PM EST
This workshop is co-sponsored by:
- The Center for Mexico and Central America at ILAS, CU.
- The Latinx and Latin American Faculty Working Group at Teachers College, CU.
- The Social Studies Program at Teachers College, CoU Teaching Central America.
- Teaching Central America. This is . REE, VIRTUAL Workshop
Please register at: bit.ly/CelebratingCentralAmerica
To request disability-related accommodations, contact OASID at: firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-678 3689 or (646) 755-3144 as early as possible.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.