Democracy, Illiberalism, and the Contentious Politics of Gender
Gender politics have been central to both illiberal movements and democratic resurgences. How have they played out in recent elections worldwide? How are the contentious politics of gender linked?
- Åsa Regnér – Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations and Deputy Executive Director of UN Women
- Flávia Biroli – Professor of Political Science at the Institute of Political Science of the University of Brasília
- Florence Haegal – Professor of Political Science at Sciences Po
- Jeri Powell – Adjunct Associate Professor of International and Public Affairs; Founder of nonprofit Take Office.
- Marianna Muravyeva – Law Professor at University of Helsinki
Moderated by Yasmine Ergas, Director of Gender and Public Policy Specialization
Date: Monday, November 28, 2022
Location: IAB 1512
Snacks and light refreshments will be provided