Global Health at the Crossroads: ICAP’s 20th Anniversary Symposium
Join us for a Symposium on the occasion of ICAP’s 20th Anniversary.
Over the past two decades, much has been achieved in advancing global health. Progress has been noted in addressing the HIV epidemic, maternal and child mortality as well as in strengthening health systems around the world. Yet, much more remains to be done in these areas. At the same time, new health threats loom large—from the consequences of climate change, aging, violence, displacement, environmental degradation, and emerging infections.
Join leading experts as they discuss successes to date in the global HIV response, how these were achieved, and what more needs to be done. And engage in a conversation about emerging global health issues and how we can take the lessons learned thus far to guide our work moving ahead.
Featured speakers will include:
- Angeli Achrekar, Deputy Executive Director, Program Branch, UNAIDS; Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Solange Baptiste, Executive Director, International Treatment Preparedness Coalition
- Peter Ehrenkranz, Deputy Director, HIV Testing and Treatment, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Terry McGovern, Senior Associate Dean, CUNY School of Public Health and Health Policy
- John Nkengasong, Ambassador-at-Large, U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator; and Senior Bureau Official for Global Health Security and Diplomacy
- Rose Nyirenda, Director of HIV, Hepatitis & Sexually Transmitted Infections, Malawi Ministry of Health
- Jeffrey Shaman, Director, Columbia Climate School
- Ashwin Vasan, Commissioner of Health, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
This in-person event is open to the public. REGISTER HERE>>>