Reimagining Education: Teaching, Learning and Leading for a Racially Just Society
The institute’s theme for 2022 is United We Dream; United We Do: Standing Tall to Move Forward Together. For more nearly 130 years, educators have turned to Teachers College, Columbia University for the professional training and insights they need to provide the very best curriculum, teaching and leadership for their schools and communities. Each summer for the last six years, TC has furthered that historic role and mission by providing thousands of educators with the Reimagining Education Summer Institute (RESI) designed to help bring our schools and pedagogy into the 21st Century through culturally responsive approaches to teaching and learning. We do this each July by tapping into collective expertise of TC faculty on issues of race and education. Since it began in 2016, RESI has expanded from 130 participants to nearly 1,200 last year.
We welcome you this coming summer to join us as we come together to heal and rejuvenate after two incredibly challenging years. This year’s RESI will honor the truly amazing educators inside all of us and provide a safe space to dream and do the meaningful work that is needed to help all children thrive. The power of RESI is to pull together hundreds of educators like you who know that race, culture and relationships matter in education; together we move forward.
Join us virtually or sign up for the in-person** option (to be confirmed in May).
Visit our website for more program details. www.tc.columbia.edu/ReEd
Dates: July 11-14, 2022
Additional optional workshops and Post-Institute Policy Dialogue*, July 15; Asynchronous/Pre-Recorded Programming Available for both virtual and in-person attendees until July 31st
Format: In-Person** or Virtual
- Full Participation/PD Credit (In-Person** or Virtual)
- Full Institute (4-days plus additional optional programming on the 5th day available in-person or virtual), includes plenary sessions, dialogue sessions (Pool Parties), and unlimited workshops virtually
- One-day passes available for virtual only, includes 2 plenaries, 1 dialogue session (Pool Parties) and 2 workshops
- Eligible to receive Clock hours / CTLEs
- Plenary Only Participation/No PD Credit (Virtual Only)
- Full, four-day Institute includes Keynote Address and Plenaries as well as a 4 bonus workshops on topics such as racial literacy, trauma-informed teaching, culturally relevant pedagogy, and diversity issues in higher education
- One-day passes for plenaries each day available [1 workshop]
- NOT eligible to receive Clock Hours / CTLEs
* Post-Institute Policy Discussion Option will be announced in Spring 2022
** In-Person options will be confirmed in May. Anyone registering for In-Person who cannot attend in-person will be converted to a virtual participant automatically