Reimagining Education: Teaching, Learning and Leading for a Racially Just Society
The on-going political assault on teaching about race and gender identity in our schools has coincided with an onslaught of post-pandemic critiques of teachers and an attack on education as a profession. We find ourselves at a moment when a collective response to this unwarranted condemnation is needed now more than ever. Such a response must be grounded in the professional knowledge of our field and what we know to be, as Gloria Ladson-Billings tells us, “just good teaching”.
For the last seven years, educators seeking a supportive community where they can develop their student-centered, culturally responsive, antiracist teaching skills and leadership strategies – just good teaching – have turned to Teachers College, Columbia University every July for the Reimagining Education: Teaching, Learning and Leading Summer Institute, lovingly known as “RESI.” Since 2016, RESI has drawn thousands of educators from across the country and globe. Each of these RESI alums takes resources and pedagogical strategies back to their classroom, schools, and communities to have a positive impact on all their students, but particularly their students of color.
Thus, our central theme for RESI 2023 will be: “Anti-racist Education: It’s Just Good Teaching.” Join us to:
- learn, share and become emboldened
- be validated for your efforts to address racial injustice through pedagogical strategies
- be embraced by a community of professionals educating students for a multi-racial democracy
- earn Professional Development credits in CEUs, Clock Hours, or CTLEs for NY state
Register for RESI 2023 this summer either in-person in NYC or virtually for four days of professional development that will enable you to not only become a better educator, but also a better advocate for your profession, your expertise, and your moral convictions to educate all of our students to their highest potential. Once again this July we will be tapping into the collective expertise of TC faculty on issues of race and education. Our programming will be brand new and cutting edge. RESI
Visit our website for more program details. www.tc.columbia.edu/ReEd
Dates: July 10 – 13, 2023
Additional optional workshops*, July 14; Asynchronous/Pre-Recorded Programming Available for both virtual and in-person attendees until July 31st
Format: In-Person or Virtual
- Full Participation/PD Credit (In-Person or Virtual)
- Full Institute (4-days plus additional optional programming on the 5th day available in-person or virtual), includes plenary sessions, dialogue sessions (Pool Parties), and unlimited workshops virtually
- One-day passes available for virtual only, includes 2 plenaries, 1 dialogue session (Pool Parties) and 2 workshops
- Eligible to receive Clock hours / CTLEs
- Plenary Only Participation/No PD Credit (Virtual Only)
- Full, four-day Institute includes Keynote Address and Plenaries as well as a 4 bonus workshops on topics such as racial literacy, trauma-informed teaching, culturally relevant pedagogy, and diversity issues in higher education
- One-day passes for plenaries each day available [1 workshop]
- NOT eligible to receive Clock Hours / CTLEs
For the Full Participation, Full Institute/PD Credit (In-Person or Virtual) option:
- Early Registration: $515 ending April 15, 2023
- General Registration: $575 starting April 16, 2023
For the Day Pass for Full Participation/PD Credit (Virtual Only) option:
- Early Registration: $150 ending April 15, 2023
- General Registration: $200 starting April 16, 2023
For the Plenary Only Participant Full Institute/Non-credit (Virtual Only) option:
- Early Registration: $200 ending April 15, 2023
- General Registration: $250 starting April 16, 2023
For the Day Pass Plenary Only/Non Credit (Virtual Only) option:
- Early Registration: $80 ending April 15, 2023
- General Registration: $110 starting April 16, 2023
Please email email@example.com for more details on the following discounts:
- 10 percent Group Discount for two or more people from the same school or district
- 25 percent Group Discount for five or more people from the same school or district
- NYC public school discount
Discounts cannot be combined and registrants will receive the best discounted price.
TC students and other graduate students may earn 3 graduate credits by enrolling in a TC course associated with the Institute and paying TC tuition rates.
We are working to raise foundation funding to provide more educators fellowships to the Institute. If you are unable to afford the Institute and your school or district has no professional development funding, please submit an inquiry here.
For More Information, Please Contact: