The Exposome Boot Camp
The Exposome Boot Camp: Measuring Exposures on an Omic Scale
The Exposome Boot Camp is a two-day intensive boot camp of seminars and hands-on analytical sessions to provide an overview of concepts, techniques, and data analysis methods used in studies of the exposome.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be familiar with the following topics:
- Principles of exposomics
- Concept ideation and study design
- Laboratory methods and instrumentation platforms for analysis
- Data extraction and cleaning with emphasis on peaks and feature tables
- Pathway data analysis and identification databases
- Data visualization and network interpretation
- Study design advantages and pitfalls
- Emerging exposomic topics and laboratory platforms
Investigators at all career stages are welcome to attend, and we particularly encourage trainees and early-stage investigators to participate.
PREREQUISITES AND REQUIREMENTS
This training is designed to accommodate investigators with varying experience levels in R. Knowing R basics is beneficial to maximize training from the boot camp, but is not necessary for you to strongly engage with training material. Data labs will be offered asynchronously from the live-stream training and are meant to accommodate both beginner and advanced data manipulation, with all material and additional resources available after the training.
- Each participant must have an introductory background in statistics.
- Each participant is required to have a personal laptop. If you would like to participate in the hands-on data labs offered by the Boot Camp, you will need to have R downloaded and installed prior to the first day of the workshop as all lab sessions will be done on your personal laptop. R is available for free download and installation on Mac, PC, and Linux devices.
- The Boot Camp will provide lab tutorials with data sets in R, therefore we recommend participants have a basic understanding of this platform prior to attending the Boot Camp to get the most out of lab sessions. R knowledge is not required if you do not plan to participate in lab sessions. If you have not used this platform before, step through the tutorials outlined below so you have the basic skills needed for Boot Camp success.
Email us at Columbia.Exposome@gmail.com.
Capacity is limited. Paid registration is required to attend.
The Exposome Boot Camp