Working towards Equity and Inclusion in Journal Publication
Join us for the third of three workshops on inclusion, diversity and equity in the editing and publishing of peer-reviewed journals.
- Susan Boynton (organizer) and Diane Reilly (Indiana University), coeditors of Gesta
- Joy Calico, Vanderbilt University (former editor of Journal of the American Musicological Society)
- Laina Dawes, former editor of Current Musicology
- Alex Gil coeditor of archipelagos
- Michelle Wilson (Digital Publishing, Columbia University Libraries)
What does it take to make journal publishing function more inclusively and transparently? In this workshop, participants will discuss their perspectives on future paths for greater equity and inclusion in authorship, the division of labor, peer review, the constitution of editorial boards, and consider the ways in which journals can foster the diversity of all participants. Presenters will address the ways in which institutional contexts (universities, university presses, scholarly societies) shape journal operations, and consider how the relationships between journals and institutions can lead to support for enhanced inclusion and equity.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request disability accommodations. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.
- Free and open to the public
- Registration required. See details.
- Registrants who attended the previous workshops will receive a link automatically and do not need to re-register.