- This event has passed.
A Dialogue on Racism, Social Justice, and Action
June 10, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Public Mission Committee of the American Baptist Churches of Metropolitan New York has diligently worked to develop resources to equip our local churches to confront and eradicate racism.
We have coordinated the event, A Dialogue on Racism, Social Justice, and Action” on Thursday, June 10 at 7 PM on Zoom (advance registration is required) to introduce our Racial Justice Statement (see below for additional documentation) as a tool kit to engage in a wide variety of actions to combat racism including Bible studies, Racial Justice Training, Community Dialogue and partnering with agencies to do advocacy work.
We have targeted Father’s Day weekend, June 18-20th, which is also Juneteenth weekend as American Baptist Churches MNY Racial Justice weekend.
We encourage our churches to integrate these materials into their ministry and use the Juneteenth Celebration as a launch for our collaborative efforts to end racism.
• Rev. Dr. Kadia Edwards, ABHMS National Coordinator of Volunteer Mobilization and Disaster Response Ministries
• Hawk Newsome, Co-Founder of BLM Greater New York
• Rev. Dr. Lai Fan Wong, New York Chinese Christian Church
• Rev. Dr. Jerrolyn Eulinberg, former pastor
• Rev. Dr. Jerrolyn Eulinberg is a graduate of Chicago Theological Seminary with a Doctor of Philosophy in theology and ethics. Her dissertation is entitled, “A Lynched Black Wall Street: A Womanist Perspective on Terrorism, Religion, and Black Resilience of the 1921 Tulsa Massacre”