- This event has passed.
Free Arts+Activism Project
September 15, 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Want to participate in a creative project to explore how the Covid-19 pandemic affected you and your community? Let’s mourn our losses, envision new futures, and re-imagine our neighborhoods through paths of hope.
Join us as we:
- Walk through our streets together to remember our loved ones as we tell stories about them.
- Use and take photos to create stories, memorial stamps, postcards, and scrapbooks to share with others.
- Engage in acting exercises to help us build trust and community.
This collaborative art-based project is envisioned to help us heal from the devastation of the Covid-19 pandemic. We are seeking to bring together collaborative groups representing the diversity of our community with regard to age, race/ethnicity, citizenship status, physical ability, educational level, language, and profession.
- Community members living and/or working in East Harlem, Central/West Harlem, Washington Heights, and South Bronx are invited (the free fellowships are limited).
- No previous experience is necessary.
Activities will be in English and Spanish and translation will be available into several other neighborhood languages.
Interested in participating? Email us, fill out this form and /or join a zoom information meeting.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2021.
Informational meetings held by Workshop Leader George Emilio Sanchez: 9/8 & 9/10 at 7pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Partner Sponsoring Organizations:
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture; Museum of the City of New York; Bronx Documentary Center; City College of New York, Rifkind Center for the Arts and Humanities; Centro Civico Cultural Dominicano; The Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine; El Museo del Barrio; City Seminary of New York; Lehman College; Magnum Foundation