- This event has passed.
Free Salary Negotiation Workshop
January 14, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
On average, women working full time in the United States are paid 82 percent of what men are paid, a gap of 18 percentage points — this gap widens for many when breaking the data down by race and ethnicity, age, disability status, motherhood, gender identity and sexual orientation. In New York City women typically earn $6,735 less than their male counterparts every year. Women.nyc is aiming to close that gap by training 10,000 NYC women in salary negotiation, in partnership with the American Association of University Women (AAUW).
Our salary negotiation workshops give you the strategies you need to make the strongest possible case for a new job, a raise, a promotion or better benefits. You’ll leave with a refreshed sense of confidence, killer negotiation skills and a new support network to help ensure you make what you’re worth. Through methods like facilitated discussion and role-playing, you’ll learn:
- How to identify and articulate your personal value
- How to develop an arsenal of persuasive responses and other strategies to use when negotiating
- How to conduct objective market research to benchmark a target salary and benefits
- About the wage gap, including its long-term consequences
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
This program takes place virtually via zoom. Please register here.
- Audience: Adults, Businesspeople, College & Graduate Students, Job Seekers, Young Adults/Pre GED (16-24 years)