- This event has passed.
Latif Nasser – How to Turn Your PhD into a Netflix Series
April 23, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
While a graduate student in the history of science, Latif Nasser started moonlighting as a journalist. Upon graduating, he took the plunge covering science in print for the Boston Globe, through the podcast Radiolab, and in a Netflix docuseries called Connected. In this Hazen lecture, he will tell a bit about this professional left turn, as well as give a few tips about how to tell science stories — past and present — to audiences outside academia.
- Latif Nasser, Host of Connected and Co-Host of Radiolab
- Moderated by Alex Wellerstein, Assistant Professor in Science and Technology Studies at Stevens Institute of Technology
- Special guest Ingrid Ockert, Marketing Communications Coordinator at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Comments by Sarah Pickman, PhD Candidate in History at Yale University
- Comments by Sarah Qidwai, PhD Candidate in History and Philosophy of Science and Technology at the University of Toronto
This event is free and open to the public, RSVP to receive Zoom link.
The Center for Science and Society