Due to the ongoing challenges presented by Covid-19, many venues are closed to the public. For all in-person events, one should contact the event organizer or event venue prior to attending. For details on Morningside Area Alliance member venues, see VENUE ACCESS FALL 2021.
- This event has passed.
Mission 4.7 Online Resource for implementing Education for Climate
September 22, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The event will include a wide range of stakeholder voices showcasing studies, projects, and curricular resources to promote Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and Global Citizenship Education (GCE). This half-day workshop will include:
- Presentations by student participants from the University of Columbia’s Center for Sustainable Development’s Eco-ambassador program sharing their sustainable oceans and waterways stories, created with ArcGIS StoryMaps in partnership with SDGs Today and ESRI.
- Presentation and discussion of student artwork using Turnitaround cards being prepared to influence world leaders for COP26 meeting later this year.
- Introduction to the beta version of a new International Guiding Principles Platform to guide ESD and GCE planning and implementation through collaboration with Mission 4.7.
- Facilitated educator discussion to elicit their views on using this Guiding Principles Platform and resources for classroom teaching.
- Interview with a scholar to understand the glaring gaps in the understanding and implementation of SDG4.7.
- Action planning for creation of more lesson plans, resources, and courses on Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship.
Please join us via Zoom here https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86016069941 at 4:00 PM on Sept. 22.