Bring a friend, grab a drink, and join some of today’s most interesting performers onstage at Miller Theatre on select Tuesday evenings.
The ambitious TAK Ensemble—a quintet dedicated to the commissioning of new works and direct collaboration with composers and artists—makes their Miller debut with a daring collection of works. The program primarily features compositions written for the ensemble, which WQXR declares “impresses with the organicity of their sound, their dynamism and virtuosity.”
All concerts start at 6 p.m. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis, and doors open at 5:30 p.m. No tickets required. Come early to guarantee your seats onstage.
- Marina Kifferstein violin
- Laura Cocks flute
- Madison Greenstone clarinet
- Ellery Trafford percussion
- Charlotte Mundy voice
- Ashkan Behzadi Ballad of the Water of Sea from Love, Crystal and Stone (2017)
- Erin Gee Mouthpiece 28 (2016)
- Taylor Brook Amalgam (2015)
- Tyshawn Sorey Ornations (2014)
- David Bird Series Imposture (2013)
Major support for Pop-Up Concerts is provided by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Dow Jones Foundation.