The spellbinding violinist Lauren Cauley is no stranger to Miller audiences; she is a celebrated member of many ensembles, including Ensemble Signal and as former violinist of the Mivos Quartet. Here, she gets the spotlight, in an adventurous program of recent works for solo violin that shows the breadth of sonic potential of her instrument.
- Lauren Cauley violin
- Richard Carrick Graphic Series #43 (2019) world premiere
- Piyawat Louilarpprasert Hope for Violin (2018) world premiere
- Clara Ionnatta dead wasps in a jam-jar (i) (2014-15)
- Jessie Montgomery Rhapsody No. 1 for solo violin (2014)
- Dai Fujikara Fluid Calligraphy for solo violin (2010)
- Timothy O’Dwyer Transbraxton I (2010)
Major support for Pop-Up Concerts is provided by the Dow Jones Foundation.