APR 17 | WED
Michael and Noémi K. Neidorff/Centene Charitable Foundation
Manhattan School of Music Caps Off its Centennial Year Celebrations!
Join host Alec Baldwin (HonDMA ’12) and guest conductor Leonard Slatkin (HonDMA ’13, MSM Distinguished Visiting Artist) at Carnegie Hall for a once-in-a-century musical celebration of MSM’s Centennial. This remarkable evening will feature a program of classical, jazz, opera, and musical theatrecompositions performed by a roster of artists drawn from the distinguished ranks of the MSM Community.
- Celebrated mezzo-soprano Susan Graham (MM ’87, HonDMA ’08)
- Grammy-winning jazz trumpeter and composer Terence Blanchard (HonDMA ’17, MSM Board of Trustees)
- Violinist and former New York Philharmonic Concertmaster Glenn Dicterow (Chair, MSM Orchestral Performance Program)
- Award-winning pianist Olga Kern (MSM faculty)
- “the brightest star in New York’s choral music world” (New York Times) Kent Tritle (MSM faculty)
- “Formidable pianist” (New York Times) André-Michel Schub (MSM faculty)
- Naumburg International Violin Competition prizewinner Kelly Hall-Tompkins (MM ’95, HonDMA ’17)
- MSM Director of Orchestral Activities George Manahan (BM ’73, MM ’76)
- MSM Symphony Orchestra
- Precollege Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Nathan Hetherington (MM ’04, MM ’06)
Also featuring: soprano J’Nai Bridges (BM ’09); mezzo-soprano Raehann Bryce-Davis (MM ’12, PS ’13); pianist Dominic Cheli (BM ’14); guitarist Mark Delpriora (faculty); tenor Blake Friedman (MM ’09, PS ’10); pianist Thomas Lausmann (PS ’00); guitarist David Leisner (faculty); baritone Yunpeng Wang(MM ’13).
Isaac Stern Auditorium / Ronald O. Perelman Stage
Located on the corner of 57th Street and Seventh Avenue
For more information about the Gala dinner following the performance, please call Marc Day, Stewardship and Special Events Manager, at 917-493-4487.