Columbia University is constructing a new 12-story building at 3595 Broadway on the southwest corner of Broadway and 148th Street. The Meeting with God Church, currently located at 3581 Broadway at 147th Street, will be moving into the ground level space of this new building. The remaining areas of the new building will include affordable housing units for some residents currently living in the area of Manhattanville in West Harlem where the C University is building a new campus. The building is expected to be completed in 2015.
Construction Update for the weeks of September 30, 2013 and October 7, 2013
What is Happening
- Excavation/foundation work
- Finish underpinning (reinforcing) a portion of the south wall of the site
What to Expect
The community should expect the following in the coming weeks:
- Regular weekday work hours: 7:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Small machinery on site
- Parking lane closures around the project site
- Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions
Need More Information?
Should you have questions about construction activity, call the Columbia Facilities Services Center at (212) 854-2222 or e-mail email@example.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can also find updated project information and sign-up for our e-mail updates at http://facilities.columbia.edu/3595-Broadway.