We are pleased to announce the 2019 Back to School Drive! Columbia Community Service and the Office of Public Safety have teamed up to collect school supplies for children in our community. Last year, with your help, as many as 500 children received back packs and school supplies. What an amazing response from our campus community!
I hope you will join us again to help underserved students start out the school year with the tools they need to succeed. Here are a few locations where you can bring your donations of books, pens, pencils, rulers, crayons, notebooks, backpacks, calculators, binders, and folders:
1) On the Morningside Campus:
· Public Safety Crime Prevention Office – Room 112, Low Library
· Facilities and Operations – Lobby of Butler Hall 400 West 119th Street
· Government and Community Affairs – Room 302, Low Library
· Columbia Community Service – Room 304, Earl Hall
2) On the Manhattanville Campus:
· Public Safety Operations – 3270 Broadway (East side of Broadway between 131st and 132nd Street)
· Manhattanville Development Group – Studebaker campus, 615 West 131st Street, 2nd Floor (enter on 132nd Street)
3) At the Medical Center:
· Public Safety Operations – William Black Medical Research Building, 650 West 168th Street, Room 109
The Back to School Drive is co-sponsored by Columbia, the 26th Police Precinct, and Community Board 9. Everything we collect for kids in our community will be distributed on Wednesday, August 21 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm. Please drop off your items at any of the locations listed above, no later than Friday, August 16.
For questions or comments, please contact Ricardo Morales, Assistant Director, Columbia Public Safety at email@example.com. We appreciate your ongoing commitment to making Uptown Manhattan a better place for everyone. Thank you!