- Any child who has a fever of 100.4 degrees and above should stay home.
- Any child who is sent to school and is not able to keep up with the activities in the classroom due to illness regardless of the level of the fever will be sent home.
- A child should be kept home from school 24 hours after a fever is noted.
- If a child has signs and symptoms of a cold and is not able to blow or wipe his or her nose, or if the child is coughing a lot, the child should be kept home.
- Any child with diarrhea and/or vomiting should be kept home.
- If a child becomes ill with any of the above in the classroom, he or she will be sent home.
- Any child on antibiotics must be on the antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Any child who misses the academic day due to illness should also stay home from any after school commitments, including athletics, rehearsals, and Enrichment classes.
Please contact Nurse Hannon (email@example.com; ext. 317) with any questions.