600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the first quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Overnight utilities work is being performed on W. 125th Street from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. This work is anticipated to be complete by the end of February.
- Pile trimming, excavation, soil removal, timber lagging, and bracing is ongoing
- Dewatering system setup and dewatering will be forthcoming
- Cap beam installation
- Installation of mud slab, waterproofing, and rebar and slab for elevator pit
- Crane pad grouting and lagging
- Work for new egress stair at 31 Tiemann courtyard
- Saturday work will be performed from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will produce consistent noise as during the week
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.
What to Expect
Regular working hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, with hours adjusted within that window depending on the construction activity. After-hours work will be performed between 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., and may occur on weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in accordance with all necessary permits from the New York City Department of Buildings. Note that contractors may mobilize on site approximately 30 to 45 minutes before work commences.
- Although contractors carefully stage construction activities to minimize disruption to the surrounding community, the nature of construction work is such that some disruptions will occur. Expect some noise, vibration, dust, and other related impacts due to construction. Read about our comprehensive clean construction program and mitigation protocols.
- The parking lane will be closed on the south side of W. 125th Street from Broadway to St. Clair Place. Parking will not be available on the south side of W. 125th Street from Broadway to the mid-block in front of the entire length of the 600 W. 125th Street construction fence.
- Refer to street signage for the west side of Broadway from 129th to 130th Streets — parking is allowed from 7:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., and on weekends