600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Utility work on 125th Street has resumed. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material. Utility work on Broadway will follow the completion of the work on 125th Street.
- Installation of in-ground columns to form cutoff walls from the in-ground water to facilitate the installation of the north ejector pit and elevator pit. Drill rigs, a backhoe, and a mini-bulldozer will be used to perform this work.
- Drill rig will be used to install rigid inclusions
- Installation of soil plugs which includes the drilling of metal sleeves and injecting concrete
- Concrete trucks will be used to install the east injector pit. Timber lagging and steel support for the support of excavation will be installed on north side of the site.
- Underground utility installation for the building will begin
- Excavator will be used to complete site grading and clean up
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Removal of the spalled concrete wall at the east elevation will continue for the next 2-3 weeks, weather permitting. For the first 5-7 days, this work will be limited to the northern half of the east elevation starting at the 5th floor down to the ground level. Once this side is complete, work will commence at the southern half of the east elevation starting from the 6th floor down to the ground level. Removal of spalled concrete requires chipping and some jackhammering, and it will take approximately 1-2 days per floor.
- Reconstruction of the east parapet wall will continue for the weeks of May 16 and 23. This is mostly quiet work.
- Rebricking of inboard facing wythe of brick at the south parapet wall will continue through the weeks of May 16 and 23. This is mostly quiet work.
Site 4 (project site at 125th Street and 12th Avenue)
- Geothermal drilling and testing are occurring through mid-May
- Flow and temperature testing has commenced
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.