600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the second quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Utility work on 125th Street has resumed. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material. Utility work on Broadway will follow the completion of the work on 125th Street.
- Installation of in-ground columns to form cutoff walls from the in-ground water to facilitate the installation of the north ejector pit and elevator pit. Drill rigs, a backhoe, and a mini-bulldozer will be used to perform this work.
- Drill rig will be used to install rigid inclusions
- Installation of soil plugs which includes the drilling of metal sleeves and injecting concrete
- Concrete trucks will be used to install the east injector pit. Timber lagging and steel support for the support of excavation will be installed on north side of the site.
- Excavator will be used to complete berm removal, site grading and clean up
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Demolition of the east elevation parapet wall will continue through the week of April 25
- Demolition of the south elevation parapet piers will begin April 25 and is anticipated to continue through the week of May 6. Demolition will start on the east end and move westward.
Site 4 (project site at 125th Street and 12th Avenue)
- Geothermal drilling and testing is occurring through mid-May
- The use of a drilling rig will continue through approximately May 3, at which time flow and temperature testing will commence
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.