600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Utility work on 125th Street is complete and daytime utility work will begin on Broadway pending approval of permits. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material.
- Northern perimeter foundation work is in progress
- Installation of soil plugs which includes the drilling of metal sleeves and injecting concrete
- Concrete trucks will be used to install the ejector pits and elevator pit
- Underground utility installation for the building has commenced
- Excavator will be used to complete site grading and clean up
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Removal of the spalled concrete wall at the east elevation is continuing on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors through the week of June 13, weather permitting. Removal of spalled concrete requires chipping and some jackhammering, and it will take approximately 3-4 days per floor.
- Removal of the inboard facing brick at the parapet wall on the north and west elevations is anticipated to be performed between June 2 and June 17.
Site 4 (project site at 125th Street and 12th Avenue)
- Geothermal drilling and testing are occurring through June 3
- Flow and temperature testing is ongoing
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.