600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Utility work on 125th Street is complete and daytime utility work will begin on Broadway pending approval of permits. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material.
- Northern perimeter foundation work is in progress
- Installation of soil plugs which includes the drilling of metal sleeves and injecting concrete
- Installation of dewatering system including wellpoints using drills
- Concrete trucks will be used to install the ejector pits, elevator pit, and mat slabs
- Underground utility installation for the building has commenced
- Excavator will be used to complete site grading and clean up
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Removal of the spalled concrete wall at the east elevation is nearly complete. Some localized demolition will continue on the 2nd and 3rd floors through the week of June 13.
- Prepping rebar and installation of concrete patching at the east elevation continuing through the weeks of June 13 and June 20, weather permitting.
- Installation of inboard facing brick at the parapet wall on the north elevation will continue through the week of June 13, weather permitting.
- Terra cotta repairs will commence at the south and southwest corner parapet wall for the next 3-4 weeks.
Site 4 (project site at 125th Street and 12th Avenue)
- Flow and temperature testing is ongoing
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.