600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Daytime utility work is anticipated to commence on the north side of 125th Street during the week of July 11, pending the approval of permits. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material. Utility work will also be performed on Broadway in the coming weeks, pending the approval of permits.
- Northern perimeter foundation work is in progress
- Installation of soil plugs which includes the drilling of metal sleeves and injecting concrete
- Installation of dewatering system including wellpoints using drills and pumps
- Concrete trucks will be used to install the ejector pits, elevator pit, and mat slabs
- Underground utility installation for the building has commenced
- An excavator will be used to complete site grading and clean up
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Removal of the spalled concrete wall at the east elevation will resume later in the week of July 11. Demolition will be limited to the northeast and southeast corners and will continue for approximately 3 weeks.
- Installation of inboard facing brick at the parapet wall on the west elevation will continue through the week of July 11, weather permitting.
- Terra cotta repairs will continue at the south and southwest corner parapet wall for the next 2-3 weeks.
- Abatement of tar coating on the brick chimney on the east elevation and coping stone on the west elevation will be scheduled for the week of July 18. This tar coating is non-friable, and the abatement work is limited to the roof level only. All debris will be properly removed from the roof via the exterior scaffolding.
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.