600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Daytime utility work to commence on the north side of 125th Street and Broadway, pending the approval of permits. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material.
- Installation of temporary power shed and equipment
- Installation of soil plugs which includes the drilling of metal sleeves and injecting of concrete
- Installation of dewatering system headers and pumps to commence site dewatering
- Installation of foundation rebar, formwork, and waterproofing
- Concrete trucks will be used to install the mud slabs and mat slabs
- Underground utility installation for the building has commenced
- An excavator will be used to complete site grading, clean up, and soil removal
- Regular work hours temporarily extended until 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Removal of the spalled concrete wall at the east elevation will resume the week of August 1. Demolition will be limited to the northeast and southeast corners and will continue for approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Installation of facing brick at the parapet wall on the west elevation, east elevation and the bulkhead elevation will continue through the weeks of July 25 and August 1.
- Terra cotta repairs will continue at the south and southwest corner parapet wall for the next 2-3 weeks.
- The sidewalk bridge on West 132nd Street (north elevation) will be replaced the week of August 1. The existing sidewalk bridge will be removed and a new sidewalk will be installed.
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.