600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Daytime utility work on 125th Street is in progress. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street and sidewalk to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material.
- Site dewatering is in progress
- Installation of mat slab rebar and foundations formwork, and waterproofing
- Concrete trucks will be used to install building mat slab and foundation walls
- Underground utility layout and installation
- An excavator will be used to complete site grading and clean up
- Regular work hours temporarily extended until 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Terra cotta repairs will continue at the south and southwest corner parapet wall
- Inspection and repairs of the terra cotta at the north elevation parapet wall
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.