600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Daytime utility work on the north side of 125th Street and Broadway has commenced. Work will involve the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street and sidewalk to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material.
- Site dewatering is in progress
- Elevator pit excavation and concrete installation
- Crane pad support of excavation installation
- Installation of foundation and mat slab rebar, formwork, and waterproofing
- Concrete trucks will be used to install the mud slabs and mat slabs
- Underground utility layout and installation
- An excavator will be used to complete site grading, clean up, and soil removal
- Regular work hours temporarily extended until 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Removal of the spalled concrete wall at the east elevation will continue during the weeks of August 8 and August 15. Demolition will be limited to the southeast corner and the ground level.
- Terra cotta repairs will continue at the south and southwest corner parapet wall.
- Pipe scaffolding will be installed on W. 132nd Street at the north elevation during the weeks of August 8 and August 15. Pipe scaffolding will cover the entire north elevation.
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.