600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Excavation and Foundation:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- Excavation and foundation is anticipated to be complete by the end of the third quarter of 2022
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- On Saturday, September 10, beginning at 5 a.m., a monolithic concrete pour will be performed to create the building’s foundation. The work will involve concrete trucks pouring concrete continuously over a 12-hour period to be completed by approximately 6:00 p.m., with additional cleanup and other finishing activities lasting into the evening. Equipment and concrete pumps will be set up the day before during normal hours (7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.).
- Daytime utility work on 125th Street is in progress. Work involves the contractor saw cutting and breaking up the street and sidewalk to install the new building utility connections (for future water and sanitary) by using jackhammers, road saw, and backhoe. A dump truck will be used to remove material. Utility work on Broadway will start in the coming weeks.
- Site dewatering is in progress
- Installation of mat slab rebar, foundations formwork, waterproofing, and steel bracing
- Concrete trucks will be used to install building mat slab and foundation walls
- Underground utility layout and installation
- An excavator will be used to complete site grading and clean up
- Installation of sidewalk protection and adjacent building protection
- Regular work hours temporarily extended until 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- The concrete wall at the east elevation ground level will be patched and coated during the weeks of September 5 and 12.
- The brick at the base of the elevator tower will be replaced.
- Terra cotta repairs will continue at the south and southwest corner parapet wall which includes rebuilding the piers.
- Selective areas of terra cotta, concrete and brick piers will be demolished at the north parapet wall during the weeks of September 5 and 12.
- Beginning September 20, additional scaffolding will be installed on the west elevation.
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.