View a PDF version of this week’s update
600 W. 125th Street
Current Phase of Construction: Superstructure:
- Noisy work should be expected during most days during this phase of construction
- The superstructure phase is anticipated to be complete in Spring 2023
What is Happening During the Next Two Weeks:
- Daytime utility work for temporary power on 125th Street by Con Edison is nearing completion
- New building utilities and fire department standpipe are being coordinated and installed
- Delivery and installation of rebar and formwork for columns and slabs for 6th and 7th floors. Concrete trucks and pumps will be used to pour columns and slabs.
- Hoist and loading dock installation
- Support of excavation removal from the cellar will commence and there may be some visible smoke that contractors will control using air filtration equipment and fans
- Regular work hours temporarily extended until 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Studebaker Building Façade Repairs and Roof Replacement
- Parapet rebuilding at elevator tower will continue for the remainder of the calendar year. Work is mostly quiet.
- During the week of December 26, there will be a limited crew working mainly at the elevator tower bulkhead. The work will be located primarily in the interior of the bulkhead. It will create some intermittent noise. There will be some pointing work at the exterior of the bulkhead, weather permitting.
Please note that all activities are subject to change based on weather and other field conditions.