On Oct. 22—as part of Columbia’s festive Manhattanville Community Day fête—a graduation ceremony was hosted for scholars who were part of the @columbia_biz’s First-Generation Entrepreneurs Program. The initiative—created for scholars entering their junior or senior year of high school in Harlem, Inwood, Washington Heights, the Upper West Side, and the Bronx—equips youth with knowledge about the ins and outs of bookkeeping and business management.
Congratulations to all the graduates!
Swipe through to see some photos of the celebration:
1. Columbia Business School’s First-Generation Entrepreneurs Program graduate Burt Reynolds.
2. High school scholars gather at Cooperman Commons Auditorium inside of Columbia’s Business School.
3. Congressman Jerrold Nadler delivers remarks.
4. New York City Council Member Shaun Abreu delivers remarks.
5. Kaaryn Nailor Simmons, Assistant Dean, Community Partnerships & Economic Impact Small Business Development, delivers remarks
6. Columbia Business School’s First-Generation Entrepreneurs Program graduate Adam Soussi.
Photos by Mackey Landy.