Buell Hall

Buell Hall Landmark

Date Constructed: 1885
Designed By: Ralph Townsend
Description: Prior to Columbia University’s move to Morningside Heights, the Bloomingdale Insane Asylum operated and owned the land up until 1895. Originally called Macy Villa, Buell Hall is the only remaining building from the asylum. Buell Hall has been described as a

Although it’s use has varied over time, Columbia is now using Buell Hall for French and Romance Philology classes as well as courses with the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation.